With all this attention on keeping our hands clean, I wanted to share this DIY hand purifier that you can customize and make yourself. It can be hard to find a hand-sanitizer these days and especially one that isn’t full of toxic chemicals. Chances are you might already have most of these ingredients on hand, but if not, they could be easier to find online than a bottle of hand purifier and can be used for many other things as well.
Many Essential Oils such as Lavender, Tea Tree, Oregano, Rosemary, Lemon, Clove, Eucalyptus, and Peppermint (to name a few) boast antibacterial qualities. Depending on what you have on hand, you can use a few different combinations of these depending on what you prefer.
What you will need
- 2 oz spray or pump bottle
- ½ teaspoon carrier oil such as jojoba, coconut, or almond oil
- ½ teaspoon of glycerin
- 2 teaspoons aloe vera gel
- 2-3 drops of vitamin E
- 10-12 drops of pure essential oils (Here are two suggestions of blends you can use: 4 Tea Tree, 4 Lavender, 2 Lemon OR 4 Eucalyptus, 3 Rosemary, 5 Lavender)
- 91% – 99% rubbing alcohol
Add each ingredient into the bottle with the last ingredient being the alcohol. Fill with alcohol almost to the top, leaving room for the spray or pump top to fit. Give the bottle a gentle swirl and spray hands as needed.